Many large church denominations operate or support hospitals and clinics in your community and around the world. One of the keys to providing high quality health care in these hospitals and clinics is the ability of clinicians to access health information on patients when and where it is most needed.
Along that line, the following are links to selected web sites offering innovative free and 'open' health information technologies (IT), tools, and solutions for use by religious organizations and individuals involved in health care and healing ministries.
- Christian Care Ministry - Equipping Christians to achieve biblical health.
- Consumer Health Information - Providing health care consumers with links to a wide range of free and open source health information & software tools.
- Directory of Charitable Religious Health Care Organizations - Links to major religious health care organizations around the world.
- Healing Ministries & Open Health IT Systems - Detailed blog about the use of free open source Health IT systems for Christian health ministries.
- Mobile Health Apps - Links to many free or low cost health & wellness apps for consumers and clinicians.
- Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems - Free and open source PHR systems available for use by patients in the U.S. and around the world.
- Public Health Information Systems - Links to open source software, tools, and public health information sources.
Take the time to visit the COSI 'Open' Health and COSI 'Open' Religious Technology web sites. Also, check out this related blog on Healing Ministries & 'Open' Health IT Systems.
Do you know of other free and open source solutions for religious organizations and their followers that you would like to recommend? Share them with us.